This is the newest member of the Deligata car company—my mythical manufacturer's entry in the burgeoning luxury electric 4-seat compact 5-door segment.
The "face" of Delgiata will consist of a mailslot upper grille with a brushed aluminum" pencil mustache" above with D-E-L-G-I-A-T-A letterspaced in chrome attached to it, teardrop headlights, and ample underbumper air intakes for the regenerative brakes and aero management.
Delgiata is the first to retro the '80s with this simplistic and efficient aero-front end design, today rendered in carbon fiber. The monocoque is a mixture of carbon fiber, aluminum, and tailored high-strength steel for lightness.The brushed aluminum side cowl trim houses the access hatch for the plug-in charging outlet, proximity sensors for the side radar accident avoidance software and retracts at speed in conjunction with the aero- and HVAC-systems for ventilation. Simple clean-sided styling with careful cutline management, electronic rear coach doors, and full length panoramic glass roof are other Delgiata hallmarks.
- Rear wheel drive-based platforms include electronic all wheel drive.
- Avarante is derived from "avant" and "variant."
- Delgiate was "founded" ca 1967. I was ten years old.
- The company logo is a stylized spider. One of the earliest cars I drew in the beginning was the Delgiate Spider, a sports car. The logo is rendered in brushed aluminum with bright red carbonfiber inlays
- Chop began as a current generation Mercedes C Class sedan to get the proper rear wheel drive proportions to begin with.